Mon, Feb 19 2018 04:53 | Events news
Tuesday 20thMarch 2018, Kellogg College, Oxford
Supporting Historic High Streets: The Ingredients for Success in the 21st Century - Part 2
Bookings being taken now! Tickets range from £35 to £130
Delegates at January's seminar described the speakers and walking tour as 'fascinating' and 'inspiring', and so this second seminar will go on to look at:
- Strategic transport and movement planning
- Town centre public realm and places
- What the arrival of autonomous vehicles might mean
- The importance of street trees and how to incorporate them
- Planning for better way-finding
- How communities can take a lead in design quality
- Joining places up digitally and through collaboration
- How funding can support historic townscapes, and
- The role of civic societies and taking the long view.
Speakers include: Phil Jones - Phil Jones Associates, Richard Crappsley - Steer Davies Gleave, Howard Gray - GreenBlue Urban, Vanessa Gregory - Look! St Albans, Paul Clement -Central Management Solutions & British BIDS, Sue Manley – Placemarque, Oluwaseun Soyemi - Heritage Lottery Fund, and Ian Green - Oxford Civic Society.
Come along to find out more, and look out for our Part 3 seminar later in 2018!